We specialize in therapeutic massage. This clinical massage works to loosen muscles and includes strengthening and stretching techniques. The massage therapist focuses on one or more of these goals:
- Facilitate healing
- Improve flexibility and muscle tone
- Improve athletic performance
- Encourage long-term biochemical correction
Massage Therapy for Injury Recovery
Recovery after an injury or surgery can be tiring and frustrating. However, therapeutic massage can facilitate healing and play a significant role in pain management.
The massage therapist manipulates:
- Soft tissues
This work relaxes muscles and encourages circulation.
Therapeutic massage can reduce inflammation and scarring. It can also prevent loss of function and help you bounce back better than before.
Sports Training Massage
Massage is a valuable part of any training regimen — both before and after an event. Sports massage:
- Increases athletic performance
- Enhances flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces post-workout recovery time
Before an event, sports massage can prepare the muscles for strenuous use. It also stimulates the nervous system, increasing circulation. Massage also helps prevent injury by supporting proper biomechanics.
After an event, sports massage:
- Removes the toxic build-up of lactic acids
- Relaxes tightened muscles
- Encourages circulation